Wayne Township Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Anticipated Basic Skills Teacher
at Wayne Township Public Schools
Job Reference #: 1920
Openings as of 5/21/2019
Elementary School Teaching
- Anticipated Basic Skills Teacher JobID: 1920
- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching/ASSP Academic Support Services Program
- Date Posted:
Theunis Dey Elementary School Title: TEACHER
- Maintains all required records, completes reports, and handles other routine assignments in a punctual manner.
- Attends staff meetings, inservice training sessions and curriculum development meetings as provided by the District.
- Differentiates for instructional purposes to enhance pupil performance and provide for individual needs.
- Maintains standard of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive school and classroom environment.
- Guides the learning process towards the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives in accordance with the District’s philosophy of education.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, and provides progress reports as required.
- As directed by the building Principal or Central Office administration, administers standardized testing in accordance with District policy and/or applicable law.
- Refers, when noted, the students with behavioral, physical or learning disabilities and seeks assistance from the District’s specialists as required.
- Communicates with school personnel, colleagues, parents and students with regard to pupil instructional needs and progress.
- Achieves and maintains proficiency in District computer programs and applications pertinent to support the position.
- Performs other duties or responsibilities assigned by the building administrator or Central Office administration.
A teacher must be fully certified according to the requirements set forth by the Department of Education of the State of New Jersey.
Classroom instruction experience, upper elementary preferred.
Under the guidance of the Building Principal, ensures that the District’s standards for student instruction and curriculum content is followed, consistent with the student population to which the teacher is assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with New Jersey state law and the Board’s policy on evaluations for certificated staff.
Agenda Approved: H-16-08 (9/17/15)