Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior Paralegal – Corporate Litigation
at Bausch Health
- Job ID
- Pos. Type
- Full Time
Bausch Health is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Responsible for providing a high quality and diverse range of services and support to the litigation function and facilitating a level of excellence within the Bausch Legal department. We are seeking an individual with the utmost degree of professionalism, integrity and judgment, capable of handling highly sensitive and confidential matters, and with an industrious and self-motivated approach.
The Junior Paralegal/ Legal Specialist provides support to the litigation function of the Bausch legal department on all matters handled by this function, including but not limited to: litigation, investigations, pre-suit claims and demands, etc. This position will provide support in the following areas:
- Provide support for all aspects of case handling and matter management for the litigation function, including but not limited to:
- Handling and appropriately triaging incoming matters, including service of process notices;
- Opening new matters in matter management system and providing appropriate notifications
- As requested, preparing, issuing, circulating and tracking requests for proposals for representation
- Preparing case status updates and updating case status in matter management system throughout life of matter; ensuring all key documents (pleadings, motions, etc.) are loaded into matter management system;
- Preparing and issuing legal holds;
- Early case assessment activities, including initial document collection and custodian identification;
- Assisting in and supporting all discovery activities, including identification of information sources within the business, acting as liaison between outside counsel and internal resources to obtain necessary documents/information, facilitating and performing document collection activities, serving as liaison between Bausch IT/eDiscovery vendors/counsel to facilitate discovery activities
- Working as needed with Discovery vendors, including facilitation of discovery status calls on active matters and review of discovery vendor invoices;
- Engaging with internal and/or outside counsel through all aspects of case, including but not limited to Early case assessment; Custodian identification; Discovery activities; Data collection; managing/coordinating employee witness interviews; closing matters.
- Facilitating settlement processing including ensuring reserves are tracked in matter management system, as well as facilitating communication and coordination with finance
- Exhibiting high degree of professionalism with internal and external stakeholders, and exercising sound judgment in performing all assigned tasks, including seeking direction and guidance when needed from internal and/or external counsel
- Providing administrative support for litigation team, including drafting correspondence and handling confidential information requests, coordinating and managing meetings and travel, and preparing reports and presentations
- Exhibiting initiative and “follow-through” to help supervisors and stakeholders as necessary, as well as identifying areas of potential improvement and proactively providing assistance.
Education: Minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 5-8 years of experience with litigation matters, in-house experience is a must
Experience with any of the following types of matters strongly preferred: commercial litigation, securities litigation, product liability litigation, antitrust/competition litigation, government and/or internal investigations, employee-related claims and litigation
- Strong communication, inter-personal, and PC skills are essential
- Must be detail oriented and demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility, and a strong work ethic focused on providing excellent customer service; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Sound judgment, high degree of professionalism and ability to appropriately handle sensitive, confidential matters
- Able to work independently and under time constraints
- Focused on needs of internal customer
- Experience with electronic legal billing, matter management, legal hold
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize heavy workload
- Demonstrate ownership and execution of primary responsibilities, anticipate needs and solve issues quickly/effectively