Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Twin Oaks
Full time; 40 hours; Monday-Friday 6:30am-3:30pm; one hour unpaid lunch
Join our team today and immerse yourself in a rewarding career for years to come!
As a Cook, you will work in a youth shelter in Trenton, Mercer County, NJ. The youth program provides 24 hour a day residential care to co-ed youth ages 12-17 in a safe environment with emphasis on education and support including recreational, cultural and vocational programming. The goal is to keep youth in the community who would otherwise be placed in detention.
• Manage meal planning, shopping, cooking, cleanliness of the kitchen/pantry/dining room
• Maintain food logs
• Attend Agency and State trainings as required
• Maintain trash
• Maintain appliances
• Maintain paper product inventory
• Competitive salary
• Medical and dental insurance
• Vision plan
• Retirement plan
• Flexible spending plans
• EXCELLENT time benefits
• Opportunity for personal and career growth
• Team oriented environment – we practice the FISH! Philosophy
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience with menu planning, nutrition (health eating) and dietary needs of youth in a group home setting
All positions require a valid driver’s license in good standing, pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check. All candidates, if hired, will be expected to cooperate with Oaks Integrated Care and The Department of Human Services in all inspections and investigations. Oaks Integrated Care considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; sex; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.