Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TOPAZ Technologies
Job Reference #: 1098
Warehouse Associate – Lighting Industry
South Brunswick, NJ
We see potential.Where do you see yourself professionally next year? In five years? Topaz, a leading manufacturer and distributor of lighting and electrical products is in the midst of a 5-year business plan to double its size—double its capacity to better reach and serve our customers, significantly increase our product offering and sales and exponentially increase our potential to retain and reward our valued team members.
Responsible for assisting in a variety of warehouse duties, including shipping and receiving, unloading and loading trucks, fulfilling purchase orders, and keeping warehouse stocked.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to orders and distributing for processing.
- Read sales orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Pick/put away stock as directed
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- May perform functions in ERP along with basic data entry.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers.
- Identify damage, loss, or surplus of goods and materials stored in the warehouse.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Weigh and count items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Prepare parcels for shipping.
- Sweep, dust, and mop to ensure clean and safe work environment.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all company procedures and policies
- Always operate in a safer manner… SAFETY FIRST
What Topaz has to offer:
- NEW State of the Art Facility in South Brunswick, NJ
- Personal Time Off
- Vacation Time
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Bagel Wednesday & Pizza Fridays!
- Monthly Birthday & Anniversary celebrations
- Topaz Fridays- Show your Topaz swag Free Coffee