The Vitamin Shoppe.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Vitamin Shoppe.
- Street Address
- 137 Rt. 4 West
hey! we see you… a bright, talented, caring person that wants a retail career with MORE but "more what" exactly??
more caring…a community whose sole mission is to help our customers with health & well being
more impact…knowing everyday YOU made a difference in someone's life
more learning…we want you to learn so we pay for knowledge. the more you learn, the more you earn!
we are on the lookout for someone special to fill the MOST important role in our company, our Health Enthusiasts. Health Enthusiasts carry out the Vitamin Shoppes mission every single day in our stores, to support our customers on their personal journeys to better health.
the MUST haves…
1- a knowledge seeker with a can do attitude, and a big heart
2- not be afraid of a little register action & product sampling
3- share our passion for healthy living
4- care for our customers so they will leave our store, not only with a full bag but, also feeling they took a positive step on their journeys of health and wellness.
our part of the deal…
1- a healthy discount on our amazing products
2- the opportunity to advance within our great company
3- commitment to investing in your learning
4- continual feedback to help you learn and grow
Well, what are you waiting for? If you think you have the chops to be a Health Enthusiast at The Vitamin Shoppe we want to hear from you!
This position is responsible for providing an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service focus) to customers while performing operational duties that drive sales through product knowledge, merchandising, register functions, store cleanliness, and other related duties. The Store Manager leads and manages a store to meet or exceed financial goals in a manner that is consistent with our Branded Customer Experience. The Store Manager recruits, trains and builds a team of highly qualified Health Enthusiasts (Part-Time, Full-Time, Key Holder, Assistant Store Manager) through active and strategic recruiting and internal succession planning. The Store Manager represents the Vitamin Shoppe brand to our customers. This position supports the environment of health and wellness that the Vitamin Shoppe Inc. represents.
- Establish models and reinforce an outstanding Branded Customer Experience (customer service) through proper engagement and selling techniques in order to achieve or exceed financial goals set for the store including sales plan. Actively seek information to understand customers’ circumstances, expectations and needs.
- Use product information and available resources to educate customers and assist them in making product selections that are right for them. Deliver friendly and prompt service to minimize customer wait time and maximize availability.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with customers and co-workers that fosters a positive work environment, embraces diversity and supports the culture of health, wellness and nutrition.
- Promotes growth and sales by creating and maintaining internal/external community outreach relationships within the local community. Establishes an active sampling regimen through customer engagement.
- Build and develop a succession plan for Assistant Store Managers, Key Holders and Health Enthusiasts (sales associates). Ensure that opportunities for development are available; offer assistance to help individuals overcome obstacles to learning. Prepare and deliver performance appraisals; create goals and implement learning plans to develop each team member.
- Coach and counsel all team members on performance issues, taking appropriate corrective action in partnership with District Manager and Regional Human Resources Manager in accordance with company’s operational guidelines.
- Create schedules based upon workload planning and business needs. Manage payroll to established budget. Allocate appropriate amount of time for completing own and others’ work; avoid scheduling conflicts; develop timelines and milestones.
- Execute and maintain operational, promotional and visual/merchandising standards and initiatives, ensuring that the Vitamin Shoppe Brand and company are well represented.
- Ensure execution of inventory management processes including product rotation, the return of market withdrawals, document damages and expired products, complete cycle counts, zero on hand and annual physical inventory processes. Complete shipment processing in accordance with company standards.
- Effectively prepares the store; cleans store, shelves and recovers products. Prepare for and set monthly sales promotions, ensuring a compelling presentation to the customer.
- Protect and maintain company assets and resources to include inventory accuracy, fixtures and physical plant. Maintain the confidentiality and security of sales records and operational reports. Ensure work environment is safe for both customers and health enthusiast. Manage expenses within budget.
- Maintain effective communication and partner with District Manager, Regional Director, Regional Human Resources Manager and Customer Support Center (CSC).
- Operate the cash register and prepare customer transactions and receipts efficiently. Fully understand register functions, opening and closing procedures and balance the cash registers at the end of each shift or as scheduled. Adhere to and execute bank deposit process.
- Effectively communicates and brings to life the company’s vision, values and sales goals at daily meetings. Provide timely feedback on goals and initiatives. Foster and actively participates in donation drives as determined by the CSC.
- Maintain operational effectiveness of the store by, among other things, working opening shifts, working closing shifts, working weekend shifts and otherwise remaining compliant with the scheduling guidelines as the business dictates. You must demonstrate flexibility with your availability that supports the needs of the business.
- Follow management direction in completing other duties as required.
- Flexibility to work in another location depending on the company’s business needs.
Assistant Store Mangers, Key Holders, Full Time Health Enthusiast, Part Time Health Enthusiasts
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Supplement knowledge/education is preferred but not required.
Familiarity with retail sales, merchandising programs and procedures and the competitive retail environment.
Knowledge of retail industry.
Experience in or personal passion for the health, wellness, and nutrition industry.
3-5 years of experience as a retail store manager.
Skill and Ability:
Customer service skills.
Ability to drive sales.
Supervisory and leadership abilities.
Interpersonal and public relations skills.
Organizational and problem-solving skills.
Flexibility to work nights and weekends.
Valid Driver’s License.