The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
P/T FAMILY SVCS COORDINATOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: TALBOT HALL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides family service programs to residents while facilitating the approved curriculum's. The Family Services Coordinator provides these services within the scope of the Coordinator’s certification, licensure and credentialing authorities and in accordance with contract assurances and prohibitions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Facilitates the Family Services Program including weekly family nights and parenting
groups and assures these programs are approved in advance.
Becomes well versed and trained in all Family Services curriculum.
Ensures all resident/family out-reach protocols are implemented in an efficient manner
so that services are easily obtainable to residents and families.
Create systems to collect reports and data regarding, Family Services activity.
Develops and implements specialized family programming such as holiday and back
to school programs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required in the mental health field. A concentration in family therapy is preferred.
- State licensure in one of the following areas required: LMFT (Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist) LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor; and LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)
- Knowledge in the fields of family therapy is required. Experience with addictions, mental health counseling, and correctional treatment preferred.
- Required skills include: Time-management and organizational skills.
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Valid drivers’ license from the state in which the duties are performed.
- Ability to use personal computers and associated software applications.