The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Security Monitor Operations Counselor - Talbot Hall
at The Geo Group
Pay: up to $13.46/hour
</b></li> <li><b>Wages are $13.46 per hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3M4DC6G5RH5FGTKJ4B
Facility: TALBOT HALL
Compensation Base: $13.46
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position maintains an orderly environment within assigned unit or area of facility. It also occasionally fills in for the Shift Supervisor with oversight of other Counselors.
- This is a full time position, with benefits. Schedule is 7 AM to 3 PM and may vary, based on facility needs.
- Wages are $13.46 per hour.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts staff training.
- Monitors resident intake process and resident work crews.
- Collects data from other Operations Counselors and assists in completing operations reports.
- Distributes resident headcounts to the client when requested by management.
- Assists Operations Counselors in reporting resident accidents or injuries.
- Conducts or assists in conducting daily facility inspections and searches of resident sleeping quarters and body searches.
- Serves as liaison between the Operations Counselors and the Shift Supervisor in conducting crisis intervention.
- Collects urine samples for random and routine substance abuse screenings of residents as required and assists in monitoring urine testing process.
- Ensures that Counselors are posted at assigned security areas to maintain a safe and secure orderly environment for residents, staff and visitors during the daily scheduled activities.
- Interviews candidates for open Security Monitor Operations Counselor positions.
- May transport residents to out-of-facility appointments.
- Assists in enforcing the facility rules of conduct with the residents, may inspect and distribute resident mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One (1) year experience in substance abuse treatment or community correctional environment preferred.
- Current driver’s license from the state in which the duties are performed.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!