The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Developer/Program Activities Assistant
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3S34Q6V4FCZRRXNWP3
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Sports/Recreation/Fitness, Healthcare - Support Services, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Facility: THE HARBOR
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position monitors and counsels residents in employment readiness and job search. Gathers resident information and creates database on employment searches, community projects and employment. Processes all documentation related to resident movement, job search, work, school and treatment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides orientation to residents regarding the job search process.
- Coordinates and monitors academic, vocational and employment search process.
- Provides ongoing coaching and guidance for longer term unemployed residents.
- Develops and maintains community contacts with prospective employers and social service agencies for employment and community work projects.
- Monitors sign in/out logs for scheduling issues.
- Prepares new resident files and ensures documents are completed.
- Randomly audits work sites and schools though onsite visits and telephone calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related experience.
- Associate Degree preferred in Human Services or two year related experience working with inmate population in a residential or correctional facility.
- Valid driver’s license from the state in which the duties are performed.
- Ability to use personal computers and associated software applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!