The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
at The Geo Group
Facility: DELANEY HALL
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position manages and evaluates all facility health service activities based on company, contractual, and healthcare policies and procedures, goals, and objectives. Implements all contractually required healthcare services. Manages department budget and seeks to improve the operational efficiencies of the facility’s health service program. In addition, this position functions as a liaison between facility staff, contracting agency, and compliance agencies on healthcare-related matters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the overall operations of a facility’s healthcare operations.
- Works in unison with facility, regional, and corporate management to ensure the healthcare needs of the facility are consistently being met and are in compliance with company’s contractual and healthcare policies and procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Maintains effective working relationships with correctional and nursing staff, contracted providers, and outside provider agencies.
- Ensures compliance with the policies and procedures of the company. Utilizes established policies and procedures in making decisions, but also uses sound independent judgment performing the duties of the position.
- Directs the work of other employees and contract providers. This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating performance, employee training, promoting, and disciplinary action including termination.
- Ensures adequate staffing to meet the healthcare needs of the detainees/inmates.
- In the event a staffing shortage, assumes any role needed and accepts 24/7 on-call status.
- Ensures appropriate licensure and insurance coverage of all healthcare personnel.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action as needed on operational issues including overtime, issuing appropriate forms, auditing medical files, requesting records, ensuring detainees or inmates with serious health problems receive necessary intervention and treatment, ensuring compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws and physical safety requirements.
- Ensures proper accreditation of the medical program is attained.
- Completes and submits regular operational reports.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests for information.
- Identifies financial responsibilities for all incurred expenses.
- Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Obtains outside bids for ancillary healthcare services.
- Maintains and fosters effective external relationships with outside hospitals or agencies.
- Attends outside educational seminars as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Health Administration or Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nursing (current and unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse).
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of New Jersey required.
- Five (5) years of related work experience in a correctional or detention setting with three (3) of these years in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Above average verbal and writing skills. Must be able to disseminate verbal instructions or training clearly and in a manner that is understood by the intended audience. Must be able to write memorandums and reports in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Outpatient or emergency services experience preferred
- Experience in healthcare planning, budgeting and meeting contractual obligations preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer