Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- US-NJ-West Orange
- Experience (Years)
- Food Preparation and Serving - Cook and Food Preparation Worker
- Street Address
- 1199 Pleasant Valley Way
- Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation
- Position Type
- Per Diem
- Recruiter email address
Kessler has been named to "America's Best Hospitals" list by US News & World Report and is consistently recognized as the top rehabilitation hospital in the East.
CREATIVE COOKS FROM A RESTAURANT ENVIRONMENT ARE HIGHLY DESIRED!
Under the supervision of the Chef Supervisor, the cook prepares all hot/cold food items for patient meals, cafeteria and catered functions following established standards. Works as a team member with other production personnel to produce quality, cost effective, nutritious meals for patients, visitors, employees and catered functions. Follows standards practices and procedures and complies with regulatory requirements.
- In accordance with standardized recipes and menus, prepares and cooks meals for patients, employees, guests and special events. Selects quality ingredients for food preparation, ensures equipment utilized in clean and sanitized. Maintains a clean and sanitary preparation and production environment. Monitors appropriate temperatures / time controls during the production of all food items.
- Assures effective portion control and optimum utilization of leftovers. The cook ensures food items are properly cooled and stored.
- Completes the ordering of departmental items as assigned, which may include Raw Food items, Nutritional Supplements, Uniforms, and/or Small wares.
- Participates in menu review and revision with the Chef Supervisor or Director considering budget, nutritional needs, patient satisfaction and market changes.
- Works with other food production personnel to prepare and cook meals; fulfills nutritional requirements for normal, therapeutic and other special diets as planned and prepares food for catering functions. Maintains recipe file and follows standardized recipes and portions sizes.
- Assures compliance with regulatory requirements related to food handling complies with established HACCP protocols. Ensure temperatures are being met during receiving, storage, production, service and cooling. Maintains HACCP records. Assists with the care and maintenance of the equipment. Documents maintenance and care of equipment.
- Prefer prior experience working as a cook in a restaurant or commercial establishment.
- Through knowledge of culinary arts including: baking, cooking, salad preparation, the procurement and storage of perishable and non-perishable items required.
- Completion of a New Jersey approved course in Sanitation required or earn ServSafe certification after 3 months of hire.
- Proficiency in computer skills required.
- Proficient in pastry making a plus.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
Flexible Shifts: 6:00am-2:00pm and 11:00am-7:00pm Varied Days.