Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at Revolution Foods
Human Resources Generalist
Revolution Foods is a fast-growing, mission-driven company. Our core business is in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to their students. We also have retail family foods offering at over 3,000 grocery stores across the US. We are innovating across our platforms to maximize our impact on children and families. We have a strong and growing team, and are looking for an experienced partner who can help us lead the company through our next phase of growth.
Job Summary: The HR Generalist serves as a partner and liaison between Human Resources and one or more Market operations to assist with employee related processes and administration. This includes employment, benefits, policy, procedures, ER issues, performance management, training coordination and compliance. Ensures timely administration and compliance with company policy. The position is responsible for supporting people related KPI’s, and administering human resource practices to meet objectives for Operations, Serves as an advocate, a change agent, employee champion, resource and coach of best practices, . Required to coordinate team related programs and messages, assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicates needs proactively within the HR department and business management, maintaining a supportive and positive disposition.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop daily routines in support of the Operation. Uses varied methods of communication to reach a diverse population to engage employees and promote relationship building and efficient ways of working.
- Works closely with the Facility Management Team to support initiatives, KPI’s and compliance with policy, employment, contracts and labor laws. Work with HR, Payroll and Operations teams to administer the company programs; evaluate personnel actions for compliance and accuracy, and provide policy guidance to managers.
- Actively participates in recruitment by attracting, assessing, selecting and on-boarding team members, ensuring full legal and contractual compliance. Seeks guidance and approval from HR Management before deterring from policy.
- Maintains an in-depth industry knowledge of HR related disciplines related to day-to-day management of employees in alignment with business objectives.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and partners with operations to identify and reduce legal risks. Escalates matters that may need legal review or additional input at a senior management level.
- Drives strategic and tactical planning in organizational development, culture, and capability development and performance management.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance in line with company policy and to police consistency and fairness. Meets with employees to provide general guidance and assistance, and defers to managers as appropriate.
- Investigate, document and resolve common employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective findings, as necessary. Interviews complainant and witnesses as necessary, and makes recommendations.
- Responds to inquiries related to policies, protocol, procedures, benefits, and programs.
- Gathers data and supports KPI reporting to define specific performance expectations and outcomes.
- Responsible for delivering on-boarding and meeting all pre and post-employment requirements.
- Partners with Operations and Training representatives to deliver training and development experiences about a variety of soft skills, food safety and leadership opportunities. May be responsible for tracking and reporting on completed training.
- Provides input on business unit workforce planning, structure, staffing alignment, and other efforts.
- Coach, mentor and develop Team Members to build capability for collaboration and partnership.
- Work in conjunction with HR to ensure clear communication and effective escalation and handoff processes and procedures.
- Work in collaboration with HR People team to implement metrics/dashboard, processes, systems and best practices to measure progress and ensure consistent practices across all markets.
- Complete reports, summaries, analyze documents, preparing presentations, completing research, track information, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- 3-5 years of Human Resource Generalist experience
- BA/BS degree in HR or a related field or PHR, SPHR, SHRM certification is a plus.
- Experience that demonstrates a good working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including Federal and state employment laws, leave practices, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and project management.
- Previous experience working in a Food Manufacturing, grocery or retail field based role.
- Strong technical ability to work with software applications, including the development of tables, excel spread sheets, formulas, custom reporting, interfaces, and data transfer.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Limited domestic travel may be necessary for periodic meetings
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with employees and management at all levels.
- A self-motivated professional that is able to work independently or with a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively to influence outcomes and strategies to gain support and achieve results thru others.
- Must have natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset
- Ability to prepare for and participate in difficult conversations. Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment to manage sensitive and confidential matters.
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships
Working Conditions: Work is done primarily in an office setting, with some exposure and work within a chilled factory setting. Occasionally exposed to wet, damp and cold conditions. May sometimes lift and carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds. All PPE is provided.