Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Revolution Foods
Job Summary: Responsible for managing a fast-paced Warehouse, transportation and delivery department. Plays an active role as a key member of the management team to meet KPI’s and strategic goals. Provide supervision, direction and leadership to warehouse and dispatch employees to raise the standard of performance in meeting the goals of our internal and external customers. Plan, direct and monitor operation of the warehouse (including shipping and receiving) to ensure a high degree of accuracy, inventory control and customer service, monitoring labor cost. Responsibilities will include providing direction and leadership to teams. The Distribution Manager will work with the Sr. Director of Operations to plan, direct, and monitor the operation of delivery and handling to ensure a high degree of accuracy and customer service safely, and at the most efficient cost.
Revolution Foods has been working hard for a decade to build a values-based, systems-changing company that is on track to become the leading provider of healthy family meals across the nation. We are now serving over 2 million school meals a week in 14 states and have a fast-growing line of products on retail shelves across the country. We are looking for managers who challenge the status quo, innovate, and aim for excellence to achieve best in class status. Our mission and core values, supports our passion. We need dedicated team members that care about healthy eating, have great people skills with a desire to deliver excellence.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for directing staff and operational control over the warehouse and dispatch team. Maintains the highest standards of quality, accuracy and safety. The operation is a fast-paced, food warehouse environment where our commitment to our customers is demonstrated by operational excellence.
- Responsible to interpreting business needs and responds appropriately. Plans and coordinates work activities of warehouse functions (directly and indirectly), including receiving, picking, shipping, delivery, security, and inventory control. Actively manages the planning, scheduling, and logistics associated with making customer deliveries.
- Train and coach team members to ensure staging, heating, accurate counts, verification, inventory counts, stock rotation of products, waste handling and documentation, deliveries, and excellent customer relations.
- Responsible to develop, implement and manage administrative and business procedures or functions that support the warehouse and dispatch department related functions.
- Plan, direct and manages team members to meet business objectives. Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff. Responsible for professional development and team building.
- Oversees the preparation and loading of trucks for shipments and delivery of orders in conformance with company procedures and customer instructions.
- Maintains and controls the physical condition of the warehouse equipment, supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
- Ensures team follows SOP’s and routines. Enforces and implements good operating procedures, resulting in minimal equipment damage.
- Manages and controls warehouse and transportation expenses, Responsible for fuel card usage, inventory controls, registration and maintenance of vehicles.
- Ensure full compliance to the fleet management program, DOT, OSHA and CalOSHA. Responsible for fleet maintenance, fuel reconciliation, DMV registration, refrigeration systems on the fleet, preventive maintenance plans, investigating vehicle accidents and employee injuries,
- Motivates the workers to achieve the goals for the day and bring the company's values and management principles alive in the department(s).
- Builds and maintains excellent customer relations, acting proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to ever-changing business environments.
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class performance.
- Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback. Ensure team enforce rules, follow protocol and policies.
- Provide direct Supervision, development, guidance and coaching to team members. Influences team to get the job done. Develops team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to Team Leads or team members.
- Tenaciously addresses all unplanned department downtime events. Understands and monitors KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results. Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, FIFO, visual quality and PPE requirements. Sets priorities and gives direction based upon the daily plan. Controls labor costs.
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- Completes a variety of reports, routine office tasks that may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience actively managing a fleet with daily routing within a multi-county demographic area.
- Logistics or Supply chain experience within a fresh food or refrigerated operation
- Related Degree or equivalent work experience that demonstrates controls and compliance knowledge in a food environment.
- Certification or training in fleet management, Logistics, Inventory controls, Food Handling/ Serve Safe.
- Knowledge of common inventory controls, shipping & receiving routines
- Financial Acumen and Budgeting Experience.
- Experience in lean and other continuous improvement initiatives helpful
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A Metrics driven mindset with analytical skills
- Ability to achieve objectives thru others
- A thorough understanding of distribution management (customer service, sales, purchasing, warehouse, credit, information systems and logistics). Preferably from a large centralized organization.
- Ability to motivate and develop team members.
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Working Conditions: Work is done in an office, on the dock and within a chilled factory setting. Routinely exposed to wet, damp and cold conditions. All PPE is provided.
- Prolonged standing and walking is routinely required. Frequent sitting may also be necessary.
- May lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Routinely required to stand, walk, bend, carry, crouch, grasp, hold, kneel, lift, push/pull, reach, sit, squat, stand, stoop, stretch, turn, twist, talk, listen and communicate with others.