Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at RCN Corporation
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to support our general ledger accounting operations. The ideal candidate will have at least four years of combined month end close experience and at a global, public traded organization and big four experience. The position is based in Princeton, NJ.
- Execution of monthly and quarterly close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on time for reporting in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare journals, accounts reconciliation and fluctuation analysis.
- Help lead the implementation of best practices on general ledger team to simplify, standardize and scale our business and global RTR organization
- Support external and audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility and help develop/refine RTR accounting processes and procedures
- Work cross functionally with Finance, Legal, AP, Payroll, FP&A, Tax and various business owners on policies, processes, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Mentor, teach and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to participate in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with CPA
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with minimum of 3 years from Big Four
- Related month close or GL experience with global, public traded company preferred
- Experience with major ERP system (Great Plains) preferred
- Excellent time and self-management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines required
- Strong Excel skills, and be comfortable with extremely large data volume
- Proven ability to succeed in a fast paced and constantly changing environment a plus
- Ability to travel as required
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.