Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Performance Team
- Job ID
- # of Openings
About the company: As a company, we promote a culture of honesty and integrity, and value the trust it allows us to build with customers and employees alike. If you are seeking to be a part of a family, this is the place for you!
Performance Team (PT) is an industry-leading third-party logistics (3PL) company with over 30 years of experience in Warehousing, Distribution, Consolidation and Transportation. PT has 12 domestic hubs strategically located near major ports, interstate highways and intermodal rail lines allowing us to provide the retail and manufacturing industries with flexible B2B and B2C solutions for the movement, handling and distribution of goods. We believe that it is our talented team of professionals who help us stand at the forefront of the logistics industry today. Our focus on our people is what sets us apart and keeps our customers coming back to work with us! At a time when many companies are cutting back and losing their valuable resources, Performance Team is growing full force! Join the team that is outperforming the rest, and make a difference.
Summary: Responsible for the assignment of Company Drivers and Owner Operators.
THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT POSITION: 9:00PM-5:30AM WITH 30 MINUTES FOR LUNCH
- Monitor drivers and assets at multiple locations
- Must be a self-starter and driven for results
- Familiar with all New Jersey and New York commercial zones.
- Must have knowledge of all National and State DOT laws and regulations.
- Ensure that work is distributed equally among all drivers.
- Understand all customer pickup and delivery procedures.
- Remind Driver daily to drive safe and be aware of their surroundings at all times.
- Drivers are to be reminded periodically of all pick up and delivery procedures.
- Be able to react to emergency or urgent situations as they occur and follow emergency and/or accident company protocol.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Written Communication - Present data effectively and read/interpret written information.
- Ethics - Work with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Interpersonal Skills – Professionally work with all associates in all capacities.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Professionalism – treats others with respect regardless of their status or position.
Performance Team is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Performance Team will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.