Passaic County Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Readiness and Basic Skills Instructor, NNJ WELD
at Passaic County Community College
- Overview of Position
We are seeking a part-time Job Readiness and Basic Skills Instructor who will be responsible for instructing students in a career and technical skills training program for women and minorities in welding.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work with a diverse student population and be committed to fostering educational success and career pathways. This is an excellent opportunity to join our team to develop this new pre-apprenticeship program.
This is a part-time, grant-funded position.
- Examples of Duties
- Develop basic skills and work readiness skills curricula and lessons
- Provide daily instruction in reading comprehension, vocabulary, mathematical computation, grammar and sentence structure, essay writing, and basic computer skills
- Incorporate employment and job readiness skills such as problem solving, decision making, teamwork, technology, and communication skills into instruction
- Develop individualized educational modules
- Incorporate student success activities
- Assess and measure student progress
- Maintain accurate attendance.
- Complete all required paperwork.
- Bachelor's degree required
- New Jersey State Teacher's Certification preferred
- Minimum two years of teaching experience
- Experience working with diverse populations