Omnicom Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Presentation Design Intern
at Omnicom Health Group
- Job ID
- US-NJ-Jersey City
- Design Studio
Summer Internship Program - Junior Presentation Designer
Location: Jersey City, NJ
The Opportunity: Junior Presentation Design internship with an agency in the Omnicom Health Group network. We are looking for interns that are open to exploring new ideas & opportunities, making bold leaps that will push boundaries, and are generous with their ideas, time, and passion. In addition to tackling real client work, interns will have the opportunity to work on cross-agency projects with fellow interns, go on a fieldtrip or two, eat lots of great food, and attend breakfast & learn programming hosted by OHG leaders.
The Junior Presentation Designer will provide professional design support, using PowerPoint and Keynote as design tools in an imaginative, clearly communicative, and persuasive manner. Under the general guidance and supervision of the Design Studio Director or an Associate Director, the Junior Presentation Designer will help establish identity standards, develop original art, assist those individuals in the performance of their duties and most importantly design the vehicle in which your final presentation will live!
Why it's a great opportunity: You'll be tackling real opportunities PLUS you'll share your summer experience with interns from across the OHG network.
What you'll be joining: We are the world's largest, fully integrated, global healthcare communications company, and proud member of the Omnicom Group. We are more than a dozen communications companies specializing in every area of health, medicine and wellness. We work with life-science companies to build world-class brands across every phase of the product lifecycle. This includes scientific strategy and market-shaping; prelaunch and launch communications; and brand optimization, even after loss of exclusivity. We help brands reach their highest potential in every healthcare market in the world.
What does it mean to be a Junior Presentation Designer:
- While working closely with Editorial, Account, and the Creative Team, you will:
- Learn more about how the team dynamic works and how to manage your time based around other people
- Have a better understanding of how your role as Junior Presentation Designer helps bring everything together
- Daily responsibilities start with:
- Assisting the Creative Supervisor to develop graphics and layouts for client advertising, new business proposals, and presentations
- Contributing visual ideas to enhance effectiveness of the creative execution and final presentation
- The team also relies on you to:
- Make sure you are creating something that is functional, instructional, and easy to understand while also making what is usually a lot of information fit and be visually pleasing, engaging and in a cohesive story that your team members can speak to in front of an audience
- Manage workload and timeline
- This role helps you advance by:
- Allowing you to explore and work through a wide range of projects that require a design eye, storytelling skills and a vehicle to present them.
- Giving you the responsibility of owning projects from beginning to end
- Becoming a more diligent and meticulous employee all around
This is a full-time, paid internship (40 hours/week). The full internship program period will be from June 3, 2019 - August 2, 2019.
College students in their junior or senior year are encouraged to apply.