Omnicom Health Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Omnicom Health Group
- Job ID
- Omnicom Health Group
The Omnicom Health Group Copywriter Fellowship is a program designed to allow graduates with Creative Writing or Life Science degrees to prepare for a creative career within the healthcare advertising industry. Fellows will learn from our most talented and creative professionals and grow their skills and abilities by working as a Copywriter in one of our Omnicom Health Group agencies. The Copy Fellowship Program offers competitive pay and all the benefits of employment at Omnicom Health Group.
Am I a good fit for a Copy Fellowship?
Do you have a love of communication and writing? Get excited by helping craft a story or message? Do you also have a passion and knack for the sciences? Are you interested in digging deep into how a pharmaceutical product can help save, extend or improve lives? We devour complex product, clinical trial and market data and synthesize it into a story and message for our clients who include physicians, patients, and healthcare system decision makers.
Does this sentence scare you or excite you … “a monoclonal antibody, targets and destroys B-cells with a certain kind of receptor”. Excite you? Keep reading…
What to expect
Fellows will be assigned to a brand team within their Omnicom Health Group agency and will be responsible for brainstorming ideas, developing concepts and producing brand specific messaging for print and digital deliverables with oversight and direction from the senior copy team. In this entry-level position, the Copywriter will learn what it means to execute creative work and how to function as a member of a cross-functional team.
In addition to developing a variety of professional skill sets within their respective agencies, the Copy Fellowship also allows fellows to cultivate industry-relevant competencies through UHGU's monthly Lunch-and-Learn sessions and provides networking opportunities within the advertising and pharmaceutical industry.
What makes this different from a typical Copywriter role?
We are hiring for potential versus experience. We are specifically seeking recently graduated students with little professional experience but who have the right educational background, smarts, creativity and interests to thrive in a this fast paced, challenging and exciting environment. Through monthly training we will enhance on the job training to help Fellows acquire the skills and experience needed to begin a career as a Copywriter.
- Write brand-appropriate, creative pieces in a variety of mediums; both online and offline (i.e. sales aids, resource guides, iPad apps)
- Write effective copy aligned to brand strategy for a variety of audiences (i.e. healthcare professionals, patients and/or consumers)
- Incorporate feedback, comments and changes from senior copy team and cross functional partners while adhering to timelines and due dates
- Annotate references for fact checking
- Demonstrate understanding of assigned brands, indications, therapeutic categories, and competitive landscape
- Present ideas, tactics, and strategies to senior copy team and internal cross-functional team
- Learn and master all proprietary systems, work-flows and processes as indicated by supervisor
- Participate in Omnicom and creative team initiatives as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a concentration in communications or journalism and/or in pharmaceutical advertising or life sciences or public health.
- Portfolio containing work samples that demonstrate strong conceptual abilities, creative thinking, and exceptional writing skills
- Strong academic achievement combined with campus leadership and/or community involvement
- Previous internship within the advertising or healthcare/pharma industry
- Able to multi-task in a faced paced environment while functioning as a member of a highly collaborative team
- Basic understanding of digital communications and media channels preferred
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to receive and assimilate critical feedback