Nonpublic Educational Services, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Nonpublic Educational Services, Inc.
- Job ID
- Full-Time / Part-Time
- Regular / Temporary
Part-Time Math teaching position available for the 2018-2019 school year at Our Lady of Hope in Kansas City, Missouri. The Title I teacher provides contracted instructional services with the necessary educational expertise in mathematics and related areas. The position requires the following: diagnostic academic needs and deliver quality individualized instruction for each student; consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services; communicate with parents providing information on student goals and progress. Flexible work schedules, small group teaching environments, and high professional standards are emphasized.
- Implement the program according to Title I regulations, NESI procedures, and contract requirements and monitor and maintain the neutrality and secular nature of the classroom, materials, and instruction
- Provides research based instruction to support student progress in the regular classroom in reading, math, and writing
- Administer diagnostic assessments, interpret results, and write a personalized educational plan (SIP) for each student
- Develop effective and targeted daily lesson plans for reading, math and writing that provide for differentiation and ongoing assessment
- Create a positive classroom environment which supports engaged student learning
- Establish and maintain accurate, up to date, and secure forms and files such as E&I, attendance, assessments, SIPs, and inventories as required by NESI and/or federal regulators
- Compare and deliver all monthly reports, including Student Progress Reports
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with classroom teachers, principals, and parents/families of Title I students regarding student goals and progress
- Interface on a regular basis with assigned instructional supervisor regarding all aspects of the Title I program at assigned sites
Requires a bachelor’s degree, a valid Missouri teaching certificate in Elementary Education (8th GRADE MATH), and Reading Specialist Certification. Title I teaching experience is preferred.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must understand that all children can learn. Must demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards internal and external customers. Must be flexible. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office necessary.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light lifting, walking, climbing stairs. Most programs are in school settings.
We match the public school salary schedule.