MISTRAS Group, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Web Services Designer
at MISTRAS Group, inc.
- The main function of the Web Services Designer is to support the Web Services Coordinator to maintain, create, execute, and support a wide range of design-driven projects and other marketing activities across multiple platforms. Including but not limited to web, print, interface, video, and interactive design.
- Update the content and graphics of existing websites; monitor performance and analytics, and identify and implement updates and new solutions to maintain and improve website performance.
- Implement and develop the layout, design, functionality, and revisions of all internal and external websites.
- Gather content and assemble into completed web pages.
- CMS (Content Management System) implementation and support.
- Develop and abide by templates.
- Develop graphics for company’s digital and mixed-media.
- Maintain an accurate, thorough, and complete project list and current status for area(s) of responsibility.
- Create HTML emails and other broadcast media.
- Produce digital photography, videography, and manipulation of photographs and videos.
- Support the department in other marketing activities as needed; including graphic design for print.
- Execute all web design stages, from the creation of wireframes and high-fidelity mockups, to front- and back-end development.
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex content.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Detailed knowledge and experience in web, graphic and interactive design.
- Solid understanding of principles, standards, and best practices of building a modern brand identity and presence.
- Must be very capable of working with existing code and producing cross-browser, cross-platform HTML/CSS, and be familiar with common solutions to rendering issues.
- Solid understanding of programming basics. Experience with C#, ASP.NET or .NET Core preferred.
- Experience in developing mobile and responsive websites.
- Familiarity with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) principles.
- Some completed college-level courses in relevant fields.
- Excellent attention to details and detail oriented.
- Ability to successfully plan, organize, implement, monitor projects, meet deadlines, and respond to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Good planning, design, communication and documentation skills.
- Self-motivator, goal oriented and capable of thinking conceptually and independently, and knack to provide solutions for unexpected obstacles.
- Experience with the entire Adobe Creative Suite, with exceptional skills in Photoshop, and strong skills in Illustrator and InDesign preferred.
- Interest in learning more about web design, advanced HTML and CSS techniques, front-end and back-end web development, Adobe Creative Suite applications, and a variety of online marketing tools and platforms.
- Time management and multitasking skills, with natural apt in organization.
- Ability to work well with all levels in the organization and be a collaborative/team player.
- Must show initiative and adaptability; be reliable and able to take responsibility and direction well.
- Must be efficient and resourceful in collecting content from necessary departments for timely assistance.
- Must be familiar and up-to-date with latest web trends, techniques, technologies, and methodologies.
- Must demonstrate ownership of projects.
- Proven work experience as a web designer by submitting portfolio of past work is required.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
ADDITIONAL BENEFICIAL SKILLS:
- Experience in creating animations for the web.
- Experience in implementing and developing for web Content Management Systems.
- General knowledge of video editing and concepts and tools.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.