MISTRAS Group, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at MISTRAS Group, inc.
POSITION SUMMARY: MISTRAS strives to provide a positive work environment that values excellence in safety and quality, free from discrimination and harassment. Every MISTRAS employee plays a part in our Company’s success and making this a great place to work. We are committed to a work place where all employees are free to raise issues, concerns and questions for the improvement of our operations and work environment. Safety is the overriding priority in everything we do; all duties critical to safety, quality, and environmental protection are carried out in compliance with all requirements and with personal accountability.
As a Paralegal you will be responsible to supporting various areas of the law department, including preparation documents, assisting with SEC and NYSE filings. assist in interviewing when needed and interacting with law firms. In this role the Paralegal must be highly organized, handle pressure well, and understand the importance of deadlines
• Corporate governance and corporate secretary function
• Preparation of minutes and resolutions
• Assist General Counsel & Corporate Counsel with legal matters & investigations
• Assist with parent company corporate governance and take lead on corporate governance for subsidiaries
• Organize case files and assist with discovery
• Perform legal research on current laws and cases as needed
• Manage subpoenas and legal requests for information and maintain tracking log.
• Keep subsidiary minutes and corporate action up to date
• Familiarity with a corporate entity data base helpful
• Familiarity with Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 would be beneficial
• Assist with preparation of proxy statement and annual shareholders meeting
• Familiarity and experience with law department operations helpful
• Familiarity with Serengeti matter management and billing tool helpful but not mandatory
• Familiar with corporate code of conduct and hotline reporting
• Knowledge of managing subpoenas and discovery requests.
• Some amount of contract review.
• Organization of legal files
• Knowledge of labor/employment related paralegal work helpful
• Paralegal degree and or certificate required
• Advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience managing highly confidential information with discretion and care.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• An effective and proactive problem-solver, analyzing all situations thoroughly in order to anticipate problems before they arise.
• Ability to work independently, uses good judgment, and prioritizes with little direction.
• Must possess flexible hours as needed.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS:
• Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned