Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Material Control Specialist
at Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
West Deptford NJ
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
This position coordinates production, customer and analytical services to expeditiously achieve timely shipment of orders. The nature of this position is to schedule and properly ship orders. The incumbent is required to contact and/or work with other departments or Sectors. These include Auto-Cat, Metal Products, Fuel Cells, Pharmaceuticals and SCD. The incumbent provides additional support to other positions in and outside of his department.
The incumbent must have the skills to communicate effectively, work with people, organize, understand and be able to train in the shipping of hazardous material and be current in shipping regulations. The incumbent is responsible and has decision making authority to reject any shipments that do not meet customer or internal specifications.
- Manages and coordinates shipments per agreed schedules.
- Communicates shipping dates to Sales Department, arranges metal allocation for operations and is responsible for adherence to schedules through the production, analysis and shipping phases.
- Responsible for rejecting any shipments that do not meet customer or internal specifications. Responsible for the proper sampling of all lots prior to shipment.
- Required to maintain acceptable vault inventories and is responsible for coordinating and reporting semi-annual and fiscal inventories for Chemical Compounds.
- Responsible for handling heavy paper work load; inventory deadlines; tracking of customer orders; schedule changes from sales, production, or analytical; shortage of precious metal and incomplete shipping documentation.
- Assist with vault inventories.
- Reviews all specifications prior to shipment to insure highest quality product.
- Submits finished product samples to analytical lab according to approved sampling procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of chemical processing and manufacturing practices are a must.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills recommended.