Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Johnson Matthey Pharma Services
West Deptford NJ
Company Order Number:
# of openings:
Johnson Matthey, a FTSE 100 company, is a global leader in sustainable technologies specializing in catalysis, precious metal products, chemicals and process technology. With operations in over 30 countries, we employ more than 13,000 people. Johnson Matthey uses science to make the world cleaner and healthier. Over the past two centuries we have built our reputation and place as a global leader through quality, integrity, and innovation. Today, more than 93% of the group's sales come from products and services which provide sustainability benefits through the positive impact they have on the environment, resource efficiency and human health.
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, the incumbent directs and supervises the staff, contractors and vendors that are responsible for the maintenance of the buildings and equipment for the Johnson Matthey Health business unit operating in West Deptford, New Jersey. In this position, the Maintenance Supervisor will oversee the repair, upkeep and installation of all specialized equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for minimizing production downtime due to equipment malfunction/failure. The incumbent analyzes the operation with respect to potential failure and provides preventive maintenance in these areas. The incumbent provides technical assistance in recommending equipment suitable for the process and plant environment.
- Directly supervise the Maintenance and Contractor staff.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; assigning and directing work; ensuring safe work practices, setting priorities, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
- Working with the Maintenance Team, direct the documentation, implementation and execution of the maintenance and reliability workflow process (i.e., planning, scheduling, preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and work execution) that will provide continuous improvement of maintenance practices.
- Working with the Engineering Team, develops preventive maintenance job plans and schedules. Review the results of any preventive maintenance testing to identify any potential problems or any developing trends. Recommends replacement of equipment when necessary.
- Contributes to plant appearance and safety by directing and monitoring all plant building maintenance activities. Issues Safe Work Permits to the Maintenance and Contractor staff.
- Contributes to product quality by ensuring that all required preventive maintenance and calibration tasks are completed appropriately and on time. This includes review of vendor reports and prompt escalation and mitigation to any deviation that may present a risk to product quality.
- Contributes to production efficiency by minimizing downtime due to equipment failures.
- Working with the Maintenance Planner and the Stockroom Coordinator, develop critical spare parts lists and specifications to ensure the stocking of said parts or components.
- Working with engineering resources and Maintenance Planner, establishes and implements preventive maintenance schedules on critical production equipment and maintains equipment inspection files for regulatory compliance of certain OSHA, FDA and DEP related systems.
- Work with engineering resources to modify equipment and facilities to ensure reliability in an economic and efficient manner to meet design criteria as well as reviewing new equipment designs and equipment modifications to ensure operability and maintainability are considered.
- Establish and maintain a professional and consistent positive work environment.
- Perform root cause analyses, failure mode and effect analyses for site assets.
- Work with Purchasing and Contract Administration personnel to develop scopes of work and negotiate vendor contracts for maintenance work.
- Carry out any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or chemical engineering with a minimum of 5 years of related experience, or ten years of related experience as a maintenance supervisor in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Five years of experience in a supervisory/lead technician role that included developing, mentoring and/or coaching lower level technicians.
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to pumps and pumping systems, mechanical seals, centrifuges, dryers, and reactors preferred.
- Experience working within the Pharmaceutical Industry preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Experience with CMMS software
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Building Automation Systems preferred
- Good technical writing skills preferred