Insurance Office of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Personal Lines Service Advisor
at Insurance Office of America
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
We’re looking for a Personal Lines Service Advisor to join our team in Farmingdale, NJ!
The Personal Lines Service Advisor is responsible for IOA client service activities including: Overall client service and communications; implementation of client insurance policies, related administrative processes, tracking renewals, new policy set-up, online rating, invoicing, accounts receivable monitoring, audit and policy review, and policy data management/entry; identification for sales and retention opportunities.
Personal Lines Service Advisor essential functions include:
- Actively seeks to identify IOA business opportunities related to the daily service activities. Tracks policy expirations for existing clients and works proactively to ensure appropriate actions are taken to facilitate timely renewals.
- Monitors expiration and AR reports and notifies managers of critical dates.
- Participates in new business and policy renewal process.
- Creates and distributes client invoicing for any new business, renewals, or premium bearing transactions, and collects outstanding balances due.
- Assists with facilitation of client claims processes as needed.
- Maintains frequent and transparent communication with supervisor regarding any obstacles and issues affecting ability to meet performance expectations and seeks, accepts, and implements performance coaching.
- Acts as back up for teammates as needed, covering for others in their absence and ensuring overall team service excellence.
- Delivers excellent service at all times, including proactively anticipating needs, maintaining frequent and professional communication, and responding quickly to service requests
- Continually seeks to improve individual and team performance, including identifying, communicating and adopting best practices
- Lives and champions IOA core values at all times, demonstrating the highest level of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum insurance license or state required Personal Lines license (20-44).
- Preferred at least 2+ years of personal lines insurance experience managing books of business
- College degree desirable, high school diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, delegation and decision-making skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to perform large work volumes with high degrees of accuracy
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Personal Lines Service Advisor role will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.