Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Personal Trainer at The Red Bank Family YMCA serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting them in a healthy and safe exercise program in a professional manner as well as inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
• Always be on time for all Personal Training sessions
• Notify Health and Wellness Director with a minimum twenty-four hour notice if you are unable to make scheduled session.
• Complete miscellaneous projects or tasks pertaining to the program as assigned by Health and Wellness Director.
• Report any unsafe or suspicious activity directly to Health and Wellness Director.
• Service Excellence: Embrace and adhere to service excellence standards; provide outstanding service to your customers and constituents.
- Adhere to Health & Fitness Department dress code.
- Clean Personal Trainer Shirt must be worn at all times.
- Clean black workout pants or shorts.
- Clean athletic sneakers / running shoes and socks are required.
• Financial Development: Support the Health & Fitness Department in fundraising towards meeting the Annual Support campaign goal.
• Personal and Professional Development: Demonstrate YMCA core character values of honest, respect, responsibility and caring in all interactions with employees, members, staff and others; commit to ongoing professional development.
• Perform any other duties assigned by Health and Wellness Director.
- SCA, ASCM, ACE, AFAA, NSCA, ASAA, NETA, NASM, AAAI/ISMA or WITS certifications, keeping all relative up to date.
- Must give Director at least 60 days notice before expiration of certification CPR, AED, Oxygen ( Professional ) within 60 days of hire date
- First Aid Certification within 60 days of hire date.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in a small group or personal training fitness environment
- Candidates need to have a passion and enthusiasm for healthy living with a desire to excel professionally and continually learn and improve their knowledge and skills to be the best possible trainer.