HealthcareSource Staff Assessment
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at HealthcareSource Staff Assessment
Responsible for medical assisting and performing venipuncture on patients. Works under the supervision of physicians, allied health professionals, and the practice manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Obtains, verifies, and records health history of patients. Gathers pertinent health data through physical assessments and biological samples. Collects specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Anticipates exam room procedures and prepares instruments and supplies.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered. Administers treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures. Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines and confidentiality policies.
- Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, and medication dispensed/prescribed, and test results in medical records.
- Maintains medical supply levels in exam rooms. Responsible for instrument sterilization procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and performs position responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs venipuncture, capillary punctures on patients as directed by physician and following medical practice protocols related to safety, infection control, and confidentiality. Enters data into EHR.
- Other similar and related duties as assigned.
- Two years medical assisting experience focused around Vascular Surgery
- Certification from an accredited MA program
- BLS certification through AHA
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Record system (Athena preferred), medical charts, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, speculums, and other nursing items.
- Strong customer service skills
- Reliable transportation; travel between office locations may be required.
- Knowledge of insurance packages preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Shore Physicians Group/Shore Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.