Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Civil Engineer
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- Relocation Assistance
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an Entry Level Civil Engineer to work with our Parsippany, NJ Telecommunications Department. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals. This position offers tremendous potential for professional growth in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems.
- Work with Professional Engineers to perform engineering design on telecom projects to develop engineering skills. Phases of design work include conceptual, zoning documentation and construction level plans
- Work with CAD staff to prepare plans for submittal to local authorities having jurisdiction
- Work with Senior Staff and Professional Engineers to prepare project reports and submittals.
- Assist with project management, budgeting and preparation of proposals
- Field work to gather existing conditions information and perform construction inspections
Required Skills & Required Experience
- B.S. in Civil Engineering is required.
- Previous telecom internship experience is desirable
- Proficiency using AutoCAD
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is preferred
- Driving is a requirement of the position. A clean driving record is required.
- Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and terrains
- Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.