Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cresthaven Academy
Cresthaven Academy Charter School exists to provide a comprehensive education to our scholars that develops the ‘whole child” through academic excellence, physical wellness, emotional health, and character enrichment. Our school is built on the belief that all children, regardless of race or economic status, can succeed when given equal access to a high-quality education. Each of our scholars will be empowered to overcome challenges and equipped to sustain their success in school and beyond.
Cresthaven Academy Charter School opened in August 2016 with 75 kindergarten scholars, and we will add a grade each academic year until we are a K-8 school. All Cresthaven Academy scholars will receive access to the best educators and resources, serving to actualize each child’s potential and setting them on the path to college. Cresthaven Academy Charter School is supported by Cresthaven Academy Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The Foundation exists to support the school and teaching staff in all things outside of classroom instruction, reducing the risk of burnout and raising academic standards by allowing educators to focus on their scholars. Together we will incorporate comprehensive support for scholars and families into the education model, including an afterschool program and Saturday Academy, in order to inspire excellence in character, identity, and academics in each child.
Cresthaven Academy is focused on supporting excellent teaching that closes the achievement gap. We recognize that teachers are the most important in-school factor contributing to student achievement. We also value leadership and support staff because they facilitate, encourage, and help to foster the developmental growth of scholars to achieve physical, social and mental well-being by providing quality care and expertise in their respective roles.
We are seeking an Art Teacher who is results-oriented and does whatever it takes to ensure success for all scholars. At Cresthaven Academy we believe in working collaboratively as a team beyond each teacher’s classroom walls. Why join the Cresthaven Academy Family? Great question! We’re really passionate about kids, fun, and improvement. To find out more, visit our website.
What You Can Expect at Cresthaven Academy Charter School
Professional Development We are invested in hiring, training, and retaining top talent. Before the school year begins, we offer three weeks of targeted training for new staff. Aligned to our data-driven approach, we hold ourselves to the highest standards in terms of collaboration and professional development. At Cresthaven Academy, we are all “learners” and consider ourselves part of a culture of reflection, feedback, and commitment to excellence.
School Community At Cresthaven Academy, we are working collaboratively with parents and community leaders to build a culture of success and student achievement. We hold all members of our school community to high expectations, know every scholar and family by name, and offer comprehensive support to ensure success for all of our scholars.
Resources Our school model is designed to provide a comprehensive support system to develop the “whole child.” We have a full-time nurse, physical education teacher, and school psychologist to ensure that we are meeting the needs of our scholars. The mission of Cresthaven Academy’s Mental Health Team is to support the academic, social, and emotional growth of all scholars.
The Art Teacher at Cresthaven Academy is passionate about engaging our scholars in the creative process of art instruction and educating the whole child. The art teacher will engage our scholars in the joys and rigors of art instruction and hold our scholars to high academic standards. Each academic year, we will add another specialized subject and continue to bring excitement to the school day and foster a lifelong love of learning.
Our ideal Art Teacher will have:
- Prior experience in establishing creative environments in which art is explored, discovered, and observed both in and out of the classroom.
- Experience working with children and implementing effective art instruction. Charter school and urban setting experience is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues to build an interdisciplinary world-class art program while cultivating a school environment that prioritizes aesthetics and makes learning visible to the community.
- Experience delivering content area knowledge including art history; ability to teach arts classes in a variety of mediums and techniques including but not limited to realistic drawing; and willingness to implement a visual arts curriculum.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education, with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership.
- Passion and sustained commitment to ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction is delivered to every scholar, every day.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, be mission-aligned, and feel excited to be part of a Founding Team.
Demonstrated competencies in the following areas are a must:
- Behavior and Classroom Management Ability to establish and maintain high expectations and create 100% engagement in a classroom of scholars at all times.
- Accountability and Data Driven Proven record of student achievement as evidenced by student work, learning, and data.
- Preparation Ability to study Cresthaven Academy’s curriculum and NJ Student Learning Standards for grade levels taught, commit to collegial relationships, and work collaboratively to deliver instruction at a high level.
- Self-Reflection Ability to seek, accept, and implement feedback from colleagues and Principal on an going basis for continuous improvement.
- Stamina and Grit Ability to handle the intensity required to work an extended school day and school calendar.
- Design curricula and activities to meet academic standards and IEP goals. Experience preferred.
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards and IEP goals.
- Share responsibility for grade-level and school-wide activities.
- Take lead in supervising lunch and recess.
- Work closely with diverse stakeholders to create activities to promote health and well-being.
- Exhibit resilience to persevere and turn challenges into opportunities.
Cresthaven Academy offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Cresthaven Academy Charter School is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, December 27, 2018 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)