Community Options, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Community Options, Inc.
Community Options, Inc.is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
Join our team today! This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking for part-time work and to help others.
We are seeking a dependable and compassionate individual to take on the role of a Personal Companion in Chester, NJ. This rewarding position has many opportunities for career growth within the organization!
The schedule for this position is Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM and some weekends. The pay for this position will be $11.25 per hour.
The Personal Companion will assist an individual with disabilities with their daily living skills, while encouraging their independence and building positive relationships within their community.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid/Current Driver’s License
- Transport participant in own vehicle (mileage reimbursement provided)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to establish a comfortable, supportive, and genuine relationship with an individual receiving supports.
- Provide assistance to families caring for individuals with developmental disabilities at their home with daily living skills including; but not limited to, grooming, dress, and self-care habits.
- Assist individuals with the development of independent community skills.
- Build a support network between the individual and community members.
- Assist individual with job development, job coaching, and obtaining competitive employment.
- Accompany individual to and from appointments and activities.
- Administer medication(s), as-needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Coordinator, Individual, or Family.
Please Call Joe Brown with any questions: 609-951-9900
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer