Camden County Technical Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CUSTODIAN - PART TIME - GTC & PC
at Camden County Technical Schools
CAMDEN COUNTY TECHNICAL SCHOOLS
TITLE: CUSTODIANS - PART TIME
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP & PENNSAUKEN CAMPUSES
Deadline: This position will be filled in no less than ten (10) days after the date of this posting.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High school diploma or equivalent and a valid driver's license required.
2. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
3. Demonstrated aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities.
4. Physical strength, dexterity and ability to do manual work.
5. Available to be scheduled to work days, evenings, and weekend hours.
6. Successfully undergo a criminal history check and proof of U.S.
citizenship or legal resident alien status.
7. Meets the health qualifications required of all personnel.
8. Meets NJ residency requirements or willingness to relocate
to NJ within 365 days of employment.
9. Must follow the guidelines of the Camden County Technical
Schools' Nepotism Policy, File Code: 0142.1.
Salary/Position: $13.00 an hour. This is a part-time, twelve-month position, non-tenurable.
THE BOARD OF EDUCATION DECLARES IT TO BE THE POLICY OF THIS DISTRICT TO PROVIDE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL APPLICANTS REGARDLESS OF AGE, COLOR, CREED, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE,RELIGION, SEX, MARITAL STATUS, DISABILITY, ANCESTRY, AFFECTIONAL OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION, FAMILIAL STATUS, LIABILITY FOR SERVICE IN THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES, OR NATIONALITY.
Interviews are at the discretion of the superintendent and/or designee and based on qualifications for the position.
POSITION GOALS: To provide students with a safe, attractive, comfortable, clean, and efficiently-operated
place in which to learn and develop.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds or Designee
1. Performs all cleaning tasks to interior and exterior of physical plant as assigned.
2. Disposes of trash and papers from occupational programs and classrooms as assigned
and in an appropriate manner.
3. Initiates requests for repairs of cleaning equipment to the superintendent of buildings and
grounds or designee.
4. Performs snow removal as assigned.
5. Performs other laboring duties, such as moving and delivering furniture, supplies and
equipment, "setting up" for events.
6. Clean, dust, and wipe furniture, sweep, mop, and vacuum floors, empty/clean waste
containers, refill restroom dispenses, replace light bulbs, wash interior and exterior
7. Strips, cleans, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and
8. Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools, buffers, auto scrubbers, high
pressure washers, vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general
maintenance of floors, walls, windows, carpets and furniture.
9. Observes all safety rules and practices.
10. Observes hours and work assigned by the superintendent of buildings and grounds.
11. Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the superintendent of buildings
and grounds or designee.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, and climbing ladders. May require lifting up to 40 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard construction and maintenance tools and machines such as hammers, screwdrivers, electrical drills, shovels, grinders, wrenches, pipe cutters, benders and threaders and office equipment.
Approved: September 1988
Revised: October 20, 2004
Revised: October 2, 2015
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:00 AM
(Eastern Standard Time)