Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
Title: Project Manager
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
Duration: 12 Months Contract
No Corp. to Corp. or 3rd party Only W2 Candidates
As our Business Analyst-II and Program Project Manager, you’ll be contributing to the creation of the strategic roadmap for the Vendor Product Catalog(SKU) Automation work in Global Products and Solutions organization. This job requires gaining a strong working knowledge of business applications as well as a strong understanding of how business users could utilize or adapt the software to support their areas of responsibility. This is a hands-on position requiring both leadership and technical problem-solving skills. 5 to 7 years of experience. As a project lead the candidate drives cooperative solutions for all stakeholders while ensuring the project stays on course from a strategy perspective.
Candidate demonstrates understanding of systems and interdependencies of processes to drive the business toward future state technology with innovative design. A further key responsibility of this position is to identify any improvement opportunities in this area and, if asked to, contribute to the design and implementation of new processes or procedures as a result of identifying improvement opportunities. Value is provided to the enterprise by constantly improving the processes associated with the delivery of specific Automation Milestones for Vendor Product Catalog Automation Work. The candidate will be managing agile projects in the team and ensure projects stay on track by working closely with technical team members to get status. The candidate will also be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the release as a whole for the application team. The candidate will also work with team members to gather and review weekly highlights and create weekly presentations for executives. Responsible for accepting business requirements, assessing scope/impacts, creation of user stories and approach documentation, reviewing designs and creation of test cases; ability to convert business requirements/user stories into functional/system requirements; work on mutli-system complex integration projects, meets the scheduled deadlines, and resolve problems without impacting schedules or projects; demonstrates strong analysis and design skills on development for products and services that include front end and back end integration; understand the full end-to-end impacts of an initiative and have the ability to identify any impacts to other cross-functional teams/applications; work on production issue resolutions; partnering with the development leads to ensure that system is scalable, tuned for performance, and operationalized; ability to provide guidance to 3rd party partners integrating via APIs; be able to work in a fast-paced environment in which the requirements can evolve over course of project, ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize deliverables based on business criticality; work closely with the business stakeholders and development team throughout the project
- Responsible for executing all project management tasks, through both agile methodologies, and monitoring associated metrics to ensure key milestones are met and project health is maintained.
- Must have experience with application development project management. Must have ability to understand business, system, functional and user flows and technical terms and familiarity with APIs.
- Must have experience working with offsite team member and handling offshore resources.
- Lead multiple calls daily to gather requirements, document meeting outcomes, and manage assigned action items and project tasked assigned to completion.
- Leads multiple cross-functional and cross business unit teams to solve for large scale strategic and operational improvement initiatives.
- Derives relevant impact from complex project requirements across the company.
- Generates creative solutions and designs the plan, along with the teams, necessary to deploy project solutions.
- Identify risks and opportunities associated with projects and adjust the project scope/duration and costs as appropriate to drive on time solutions.
- Responsible for project progress metrics and results relating to project direction check points, testing and user acceptance.
- Works independently to generate and execute final solutions and decisions related to complex business solutions that require deployment of system and process changes.
- Possess a deep knowledge of the software development cycle and practices in order to make informed decisions.
- Create program and project gap analyses between as-is / to-be system and process choices to support deliverable recommendations.
- Develop and presents status and impact communications to all effected levels (project team, executive sponsors, other stakeholders).
- Serve as central point of knowledge and communication across multiple internal and external stakeholder groups (especially executive level management) to facilitate the alignment/definition of the long-term strategy and project prioritizations to fulfill the strategic goals.
- Compliance to Verizon policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for...
You appreciate the importance of working in an environment where diverse backgrounds and different points of view are valued. You understand that different people have different needs—and that one size doesn’t fit all. You’re a top-notch planner who can keep sight of the end goal while ensuring all the steps along the way are taken care of, even under tight timelines and with competing priorities.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including MS Project, and JIRA
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience
- Professional certification (e.g. PMI).
- Intermediate level of understanding of project management principles, methodology, and tools.
- Experience with credit card and ACH payment processing details.
- Experience with billing systems such as ACSS and iVision and point-of-sale systems of OmniRetail, OmniIndirect, OmniTelesales.
- Experience with Coffee Optix, iCollect and Payment Hub.
- Experience in the technology or telecommunications industry.
- Ability to clearly develop and articulate solutions and business requirements and communicate to technical teams.
- Operational and business orientation with ability to quickly understanding system capabilities.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work in a self-directed manner.
- Detail oriented with strong tracking/organizational skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Experience in documenting and improving processes.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in dynamic environment.
- Self-starter, team player who is able to successfully drive initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Includes strong Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint skills to clearly communicate content to business leaders.
- Capability of working effectively in a complex matrix organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading projects that require integration of multiple complex technology systems to deliver new functionality and user experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization amongst diverse, differing, competing, and/or conflicting perspectives/priorities.
- Proven ability to handle and effectively prioritize several projects of varying complexity simultaneously.
- Experience in web based e-Payments initiatives, including Online, Mobile (phone) and Tablet.
- Experience working with design and content teams to deliver an excellent customer experience.