Atlantic Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Atlantic Health System
- Position Type
- 013102 - Atlantic Training Center
- Atlantic Ambulance- Livingston
Currently, Atlantic Health System is seeking an EMT Instructor to work at Atlantic Mobile location in Livingston. This incredible opportunity is per diem.
The per diem EMT Instructor provides instruction for EMT initial training courses, EMT refresher training, and EMT continuing education courses.
- Provide instruction for EMT initial training, EMT refresher training, and EMT continuing education courses. Ensure completeness of all associated course/student paperwork, and compliance with NJ OEMS requirements for EMT initial training.
- Adhere to all AAC/AHS policies and educational philosophies and to those of regulating organizations (i.e. AHA, NJ OEMS, NAEMT, etc.)
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills, and be responsive to students’ needs and concerns; adapt teaching style to meet the students’ learning needs.
- Willing to travel to off-site courses locations within the communities served by AHS.
- Punctual and prepared for all assigned courses; conduct self in a pleasant and professional manner at all times and adhere to Atlantic Training Center dress code.
- Administer and grade assignments and examinations in a timely manner so that the student is aware of his/her progress.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to students’ progress and outcomes. Report any unresolved student issues to Lead or Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Complete all required paperwork legibly and return completed paperwork and payments to Lead or Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Ensure security of Training Center equipment and teaching materials; assist with proper cleaning and restocking of equipment after each class.
- Attend instructor meetings as scheduled. Participate in instructor updates as required.
- Promote a culture of collaboration and accountability in order to assure efficient operations and to provide education that improves patient outcomes throughout the community and region.
- Work effectively and relate well with others, including supervisors, colleagues, and internal and external customers. Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and maintain constructive working relationships.
Education, Experience and Special Requirements
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, current NJ EMT (or higher) certification required, current BLS/CPR certification required.
• Prior educator/instructor experience preferred; Current NJ EMT Instructor certification required.
• Recent clinical experience required; minimum of 3 years’ experience in an emergency, critical care, or field setting preferred.
• Valid DL with clean driving record.
• Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
Atlantic Health System, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.