American Standard Companies Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at American Standard Companies Inc.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
This position will provide support to the IP professionals. We are seeking a Docketing Associate with comprehensive knowledge and extensive experience in IP docketing, patent rules, procedures, prosecution, USPTO EFS-WEB and all aspects of Intellectual Property is needed to manage the day-to-day demands of IP within the legal department.
- Maintains timely and accurate patent prosecution docket including reviewing, prioritizing, processing and docketing mail to/from USPTO, foreign associates and external US counsel; High proficiency with docketing software, preferably CP
- Maintains accurate electronic patent files; Proficiency in navigating EFS/PAIR/WIPO/TSDR; Files patent applications, documents, IDS, and prosecution matters with USPTO
- Supports in-house patent agent/attorney with IP filing matters including PCT, national/regional stage, translations, legalization and validations, formal documents
- Generates periodic reports including docket reports, annuity reports, patent family reports; Assists with instructing annuity vendor regarding annuity payments; monitor, prioritize and process patents emails system
- Performs status checks of various pending IP matters and monitors IP
- Assists with preparation, distribution and collection of legal documents including assignments, PoA, declarations, formal documents from/to counsel and internal customers
- Assists with billing and budgeting matters for trademarks and patents
- Assist with various special projects related to IP
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in IP docketing, manage e-filing room and e-filing at USPTO
- Priority will be given to candidates with 5 years or more experience in field and/or law firm experience specifically
- High School diploma or Associates degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- High level of proficiency with docketing software, excel and other technology such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, USPTO E-filing system, docking systems and electronic filing systems.
- Highly organized, goal-oriented, effective prioritization and ability to accomplish tasks within agreed upon timeframes
- Must be detail-oriented with solid organizational and proofreading skills
- Able to work independently under limited supervision and a be team player to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others, internally and externally
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customers
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities, meet critical deadlines, work within a team, and demonstrate initiative to continuously improve internal patent systems and processes
- Strong work ethic and accepts ownership of work product and claims accountability
- Trademark experience is a plus, willingness to learning trademark docketing and filing