Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 165144
ADP is hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist. In this role you will To process accounts payable including: maintaining records of amounts owed, verifying invoices, computing discounts, coding expenses and preparing vouchers for payment. Responsible for accurate and timely coding and batching of payments made through the Accounts Payable Group.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, - Social Responsibility.
- Processes all invoices received by the region by opening the mail, sending the invoice to the appropriate department for approval, coding the invoice with the appropriate general ledger account number, posting the transaction to the appropriate account and batching the invoices up and sending them to Roseland for payment.
- Prepares an analysis of vendor accounts, answers internal and external inquiries and follows up on all vendor-related items.
- Coordinates the review process of invoices to verify the assignment of vendors, ensure proper coding of expenses and dollars disbursed using the invoice register.
- Reviews the back up for Sales and Use Tax compliance.
- Assists with monthly closings by preparing the monthly accounts payable accruals.
- Assists General Accounting Team with monthly accruals and re-billable expense.
- Maintain an updated list of AP authorized approvers, with dollar limits and sample signature and initials.
- Uses judgment in determining if payment requests submitted as Urgent or Priority or requiring print back, meet the criteria for special handling.
- Maintains blank AP check stock in a secure location that can only be accessed by AP associate and Director. Also, maintains inventory log of check stock and usage.
- Prepares manual payroll checks upon request from Payroll.
- Processes local bank deposits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3-5 years of substantial accounts payable experience in an automated PC environment
- High School Diploma
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!