Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Microsoft SQL Database Administrator
at A1 Placement
We are seeking a highly skilled Database Administrator to join the rapidly growing business of our client in Newark. You will support the Microsoft SQL database environment needs by participating in design, implementation, support, and enhancement of the database environment. Responsibilities at this level require an individual with the ability to handle complex issues and work with considerable independence and initiative.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Service Operations and Support
- Provide hands-on database administration.
- Investigate, diagnose and monitor database events.
- Optimize database performance and provide performance tuning.
- Provide daily monitoring and troubleshooting of all databases.
- Assist in managing the SQL code repository in Microsoft TFS and perform code promotions to test and production environments.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of stored procedures, triggers, SSIS packages, and ETL scripts.
- Assist in web development for end users using standard web development platforms including but not limited to JSON, and .NET tools.
- Service Construction and Transition
- Provide high-availability strategies where appropriate in a Windows/SQL Server environment.
- Perform extensive analysis of data entities, relationships and attributes.
- Design large scale data migrations.
- 4+ years of database administration experience with a primary focus on MS SQL Server and experience with large database deployments.
- Experience with SSAS, SSRS, DTS/SSIS packages.
- Experience with SQL Server Log Shipping, Replication and Clustering.
- Solid understanding of SQL Server security administration.
- Undergraduate college degree within the information systems area or equivalent experience.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a self-starting attitude combined with strong verbal and written communication skills. The ability to communicate with business analysts and to translate complex business requirements into a manageable database schema is essential to success. Proven ability to function as a critical member of a cross functional team with multiple technical and business based groups is key. Must work with considerable independence, initiative and have strong adaptability skills. Must be responsible, accountable, and detail oriented.