Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Technical Support Rep
at A1 Placement
We are looking for multiple tech support reps with the ability to write or interpret documentation on hardware and software products for a fast growing tech company in Newark.
Under general supervision, responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, telephony, software and proprietary applications. This involves answering and resolving incoming customer technical issues via phone calls, chats and user submitted tickets. Need to be able to gather/identify the problem and then provide technical troubleshooting to resolve the issue or escalate up to the appropriate team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer customer facing IT Support contacts and provide a high level of technical support to all internal employees and vendors while providing exceptional customer service.
- Documentation of the customer issues and all work performed to resolve their issue
- Must be able to troubleshoot general computer hardware/software issues to resolution
- Provide user account administration and support
- Escalate issues to IT or other workgroups after all know problem-solving techniques have been exhausted with accurate detail at the time of turnover or when call length is beyond the 30 minute time frame process.
- Responsible for using and participating in Knowledge Management
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE – Required
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology and two years systems support experience in a Microsoft Windows Domain environment and at least 1 year experience working in a helpdesk environment.
- A+ certification
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE – Preferred
- AAS or BS in related field
- Network + Certification a strong plus
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
Must have 1 year previous helpdesk – technical and customer service experience.
- System administration experience in Windows
- Proficiency in Windows environment (Win 7, Win 8, Win 10).
- Proficiency in troubleshooting TCP/IP issues in a corporate environment.
- Some hardware knowledge needed.
- Proficiency with Android and iOS
- Knowledge of MS Outlook preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Application’s – able to answer basic “How to” questions.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team member in a self-directed, extremely fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple and diverse requests.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to learn new, complex applications quickly.
- Provide on-call support as scheduled
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
- Network +